by Erika Cannon
New clients are sometimes frustrated with a lack of immediate results from working with a lead generation company like Rally Prospecting. As we discuss their frustration, we often learn their sales cycle is longer than 6 months, and that’s when working with a prospect who’s a warm referral.
So after 60 days with a lead generation company like Rally, what should you expect?
- You should have a verified database of 5-10,000 new prospects, depending on your firmographics and budget.
- 5 percent of that database should have confirmed they are the right person to talk with, or even asked clarifying questions about your initial touch.
- You should have followed up individually with all of those prospects. And, they should all have “next touch” dates (followup) on them, in case you don’t hear back.
- Your database should be in content nurturing mode now. That means they’ve received a couple pieces of content from you.
- 20 percent of your database should be opening those emails.
- 2-3 percent should be visiting your website.
- You should reach out to visitors, even if they didn’t reply to you.
- Settle into the rhythm of sending emails to responders and visitors, and be patient; give them a chance to get to know you!
RAMs have a time-honored tradition of making noise — like with this bell — when they get a prospect who’s ready to talk.
If you want to make music with us, you have to establish a followup routine with your prospects.