Constantly producing content, whether it is email flows or blog posts, that has the power to hook and engage your readers is hard. The effort that it takes to be creative can be draining and it can be easy to fall into a “content slump,” where you are producing the same types of content that fail to connect with your readers. Maybe the type of content you’re putting out no longer resonates with your audience, or maybe the pain points of your audience have shifted.
Slumps can happen for many reasons but they don’t have to be a death sentence. To combat this, we’ve compiled a list of fifteen tips, tricks and questions to ask yourself that will help you avoid the dreaded content slump AND help improve your writing overall.
- Understand the targeted audience that you are writing for. Knowing the ins and outs of your potential leads is vital to creating content that they can connect to.
- Create content that will help solve pain points of your audience.
- Help your reader achieve something by creating a step-by-step guide.
- Use your content to create a roadmap that your reader can follow. Create a series of posts that piggyback off each other and encourage the reader to continue on.
- Cross-reference other blog posts that you have written when possible, and link them to draw more traffic.
- Use power words and numbers in your headlines to draw attention and envoke emotion in your readers. In turn, this will encourage more clicks.
- Write a strong opening sentence to hook readers and encourage them to continue reading.
- Organizationally, it helps to create a logical flow without any distractions so that your readers can stay on track.
- Sentences should be short, sweet and to the point so that they convey your message in a concise manner.
- Give your transitions the attention they deserve, it will enhance your reader’s experience as they move from paragraph to paragraph.
- If you want to connect more with your readers try employing a more conversational tone in your writing.
- If you don’t have a basic understanding of keyword research and optimization, now is the time. Using specific keywords can increase your organic search engine traffic and bring new visitors to your website.
- Look to new mediums when creating content. Infographics and e-books can be just as effective as blog posts and go a long way in catching the eye of your audience members.
- It can be hard to get your writing juices going but write anyway. Inspiration will spark and eventually, you will find your flow.
- Setting tiny achievable goals like writing a paragraph a day or for a certain amount of time helps, and makes it so that you can’t avoid writing.
If you’d like to learn more about revamping your content and sharpening your writing skills click on the banner below to schedule your free 30-minute consultation with us today.